About Me

My Photo
Married a geek, then left a job in advertising to be a personal assistant to a toddler. The pay is... well, nonexistent, but the perks are simply priceless.

E-mail Me

quietlyshoutinginside [at] gmail [dot] com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Monday, October 15, 2007

I'd like to thank the Academy...

Okay, so there are some awards that I've been sitting on for a few weeks. I've had every intention of posting them and passing along the bloggy lovin', but darn it, if other stuff didn't just keep happening around here...

Well, no more procrastinating! Without further ado, I would like to take a moment and pat myself on the back! (pat! pat! pat!)

First, there's the Egel Nest Blog Award for Blog Eggcellence awarded to me by none other than the Nap Warden and yes, I do know exactly why...

I appreciate the love and recognition (especially coming from the Nap Warden) and, in turn, would like to pass it along to some of my favorite bloggers...
  1. SAHMmy from SAHMmy says. Her tagline reads, "Your Bossy Sister is a Stay At Home Mom" and she means it. Chock full of brilliant advice and home to the "Get Off Your Butt Challenge". What's there not to love?

  2. Lara from Life: The Ongoing Education and Life: The Illustrated Education. Life learned one post, one photograph at a time. All of it beautiful.

  3. Too much and not enough all at once, Absolutely Bananas is correct! She cracks me up!

****************************************************************************
JJ from Gaining Balance gave me TWO awards. The first one really made me laugh! It was none other than the...

Apparently, I kick some donkey butt. I LOVE it. Thank you so much, JJ. I want to pass it along to...

  1. Izzy of IzzyMom- Honest, passionate, thought-provoking and always so fascinating to read.

  2. Sara of Self-Made Mom. She's officially on "break" at the moment, but I just have to let her know, "Your blog kicks some serious donkey butt!" and "I miss you terribly". She comes back from time to time with interesting articles and news bits, so hopefully you'll catch a glimpse of her brilliance... that is, if you haven't already.

  3. Lawyer Mama. For challenging all of us to THINK and confront issues beyond our own. I admire that about you, Lawyer Mama.

****************************************************************************

Then as if giving me the "Donkey Butt" award wasn't generous enough, the very next day, JJ gave me ANOTHER one just for making her smile.

She is totally spoiling me with all this bloggy bling.

JJ, thanks for making my day. Now, here are a few folks that put a smile on my face...
  1. Miguelina. Her blog is just as sweet and charming as that adorable song bird that once graced its header.

  2. A Whole Lot of Nothing. Check out her blog (go ahead, I'll wait). Then shop her store, Good for the Kids. Two great finds that are sure to make you smile.

  3. Cheaper than Therapy. Who needs therapy when you've got Ali to make your laugh... Oh, and she just swore off candy until a week AFTER Halloween. Brave or crazy?

****************************************************************************
Also, Mad Goat Lady, who claims she's "getting madder by the day", tagged me for her Desktop Meme over the weekend. So, here it is... MY DESKTOP

Okay, so my desktop is a bit CLUTTERED and with what?

Let's see here... Umm, looks like a lot of files from the job I quit in JANUARY to become a SAHM. I intended to go through all of it and use whatever I could to update my resume... you know, just in case...

The background photo is my son in his Halloween costume and was taken around this time last year. He's six months old and dressed up as a lion. I know. Isn't he ad-ROAR-able?!

Okay, now it's your turn,


Heidi of Hydes Like Us


WorksforMom from What Works For Us

Momo Fali (or "Mom of Ali") from Momo Fali

Here are the very important rules…..

A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. You can do a screen capture by:

[1] Going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key).

[2] Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V).

[3] If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.

B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of icons. Things like that.

C. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.

10 comments:

Lara said...

wow, what a sweetie you are (even if you are a lurker)! thanks so much - it is greatly appreciated, and i'll be proud to pass it on. :)

Mad goat lady said...

Thanks for joining in the desktop fun..what a gorgeous pic :)

Kelley said...

Thanks! I think....

You are the second person today to honour me with the 'show me your desktop' thingy! You both must have realised that it is absolutely crammed with junk for planning 2 kids parties and my dads 60th. Oh well. I will remove the incriminating obviously-stolen-from-a-website ideas and the PASSWORDS to my accounts, and post it on my blog.

Nap Warden said...

I knew I was going to get tagged for this one! Thank you for posting how, I had no idea. I'll do it this afternoon!

Lawyer Mama said...

Oh, THANK YOU! You have no idea how much I needed that right now. I think you kick donkey butt too!

WorksForMom said...

Kudos to you! And this is my favorite kind of tag (one that I've done already). :)

SAHMmy Says said...

Congrats on all your bloggy bling and thanks so much for honoring me with the Egel Nest award! I love Absolutely Bananas too; thanks for all the leads on new blogs to read--I'll check them out!

Selfmademom said...

You are too kind! Even if you think my blog is like a donkey's butt. haha.

Izzy said...

Thanks so much for the props!
That's really cool of you :)

I'm very flattered & honored *blush*

Kelley said...

Ok, I finally did it. Desktop wasn't as bad as I feared....

I have reciprocated with some bling for your blog. Pop on over if you want it.