One of the busiest of mommybloggers out there is about to get a whole lot busier. As in “more kids than parents" busier. And every new mama—even a three-time winner like Julie—deserves a celebration.
Mayberry Mom, Motherhood Uncensored, & motherbumper are hosting the baby shower and has asked their bloggy friends to "write a post about raising, rearing, chasing, or enjoying little boys", so here goes...
When my son was three months old, we took him to visit his cousins... his girl cousins and one of them only a mere four weeks younger. We laid the two infants side by side on the play mat and watched as the two interacted. Actually, my niece was the only one doing the interacting...
While she tried in vain to coo, babble, and make lovey-lovey eyes at my son, he was more interested in kicking the supports and making the dangling rattles and toys shake. When her then 3-year-old big sister asked, "what's wrong with him?", I laughed and explained, "Nothing's wrong with him, honey. He's just being a BOY."
At 21 months old, he is a little man of few words and all action. He's into dogs, balls, cars, tools, techy gadgets, and anything that can be used as a club. I've tried teaching him how to "use his words", but it seems grunting and pointing will have to suffice for the time being. He has no patience for talking... especially when there's a sofa to jump off of or a cabinet to unlock.
Yet for all of his boundless energy and testosterone, there's an unexpected tenderness that lies beneath. I've always heard how devoted boys are to their moms, but it still takes me by surprise. Probably because it comes out in sweet little bursts likes a spontaneous hug or tiny pat on my back. Sometime his love is expressed in shoving that other kid out of his mommy's lap or feeding me a Goldfish cracker dug up from his car seat... and that makes it all worth it!
While she tried in vain to coo, babble, and make lovey-lovey eyes at my son, he was more interested in kicking the supports and making the dangling rattles and toys shake. When her then 3-year-old big sister asked, "what's wrong with him?", I laughed and explained, "Nothing's wrong with him, honey. He's just being a BOY."
At 21 months old, he is a little man of few words and all action. He's into dogs, balls, cars, tools, techy gadgets, and anything that can be used as a club. I've tried teaching him how to "use his words", but it seems grunting and pointing will have to suffice for the time being. He has no patience for talking... especially when there's a sofa to jump off of or a cabinet to unlock.
Yet for all of his boundless energy and testosterone, there's an unexpected tenderness that lies beneath. I've always heard how devoted boys are to their moms, but it still takes me by surprise. Probably because it comes out in sweet little bursts likes a spontaneous hug or tiny pat on my back. Sometime his love is expressed in shoving that other kid out of his mommy's lap or feeding me a Goldfish cracker dug up from his car seat... and that makes it all worth it!
My only words of advice: Enjoy every bit of it, mothergoosemouse!
And, Congratulations!!!




11 comments:
You're 100% right! THanks for playing along!
"what's wrong with him?" - that's hilarious!!
Thank you so much for all the encouragement and congratulations!
So true! I love my boys. I don't have any girls, but I imagine a mother-son relationship is less complicated than a mother-daughter relationship.
And I love the moments of mama hugs I get from them.
Action man. I love that title. It's so true with boys!
Yes. Yes. Yes! and More.
Great advice and 100% correct :)
If I could have HALF of Will's energy, my house would be cle....tidy. Maybe. AT least the laundry would get done.
That is super cute! I know what you mean. I've got two of them to experience those things with. It's nice.
I loved "what's wrong with him," too!
We only have one...I so can't relate...but the goldfish thing...that was super cute :)
Bradley
The Egel Nest
You totally captured the little boy.
Post a Comment